Monday 26 March 2012

Tweet Tweet!

The shakespearean twitter chat, I believe wasnt too big of a success. The real omy never showed up, and not everyone put full participation into it which in turn didnt result in a good group chat. Although this was the case, there still were a few posts that I truly did believe were accurate. Sam Browns, first post about 'Why Students Hate Studying Shakespeare', - "Shakespeare is difficult do to the fact that language is evolving everyday, whether it is beneficial or not, it is always changing" I believe is very accurate. Up to this date, I learn new diction and grammar about how you write and place words in a sentence. In the Shakespearean era, they spoke very differently and the way they place the words in a sentence can easily confuse you. That is a logical reason to why students hate studying shakespeare ( Because they simply DO NOT get it!). 1 post that I slightly disagree with would be Kelly Allens post on 'what is your worst memory of studying a play of Shakespeare' - " worst memory: having to stand in front of the entire class while attempting to read Shakespeare out loud." I actually kind of appreciated having shakespeare be read aloud because it helped me understand some of the context when it was read aloud. Definately agree with the standing in front of the class part! AHH!

Personally, I dislike reading Shakespeare aswell. The one thing that has helped me get through highschool english are the Shakespeare for dummies books. On the one side of the page is the original text whereas on the other side there is normal english context. It is much easier to look at and read. It allows you to not get frustrated when you cannot understand a part of the play.


No comments:

Post a Comment